Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hilsen fra Norge!

Hilsen fra Norge! (Greetings from Norway) Recently I came to Norway to work as a student missionary at Fredheim Health Center.  I have been working mostly in the doctor's office, and helping out in the kitchen, but I must say that my favorite part is being with the guests. 
 
The guests come for a 10 day period and learn how to live a healthy life: eating right, exercising, and getting out into the fresh Norwegian air.  Most of them are in their late 60's and 70's, but we get all ages (including two 90 year olds last guest period, and a few people in their 40's and 50's). They all enjoy listening to health lectures and worships, and teaching Norwegian to me. :) 

I've been having a great time here, and I will try to keep my blog updated more often with pictures of the doings and sayings around here. 
 

6 comments:

Christen said...

Yay! Please do. I would greatly enjoy your pictures. "Welcome to Fredheim" is a great way to start. ;) Ha du bra! until next time. Miss you.

Chopsticks on Oboe said...

Go Christen! You'll be a fluent Norwegian speaker before I am! ;)

I miss you so much! You'll have to keep me updated with SAU accounts! Baa ya'll! ;)

Kelsey said...

Yay Martina! Thanks for sharing your pictures! I miss you and our vivacious study sessions! Not very many people get so excited about Jumping Jacks!

Phoebe said...

Martina!!! How are you? Thanks for updating your blog! how is norway? Thailand is great, though I miss all of my SAU friends! next year, next year, i will b back, though. :D keep up the good work, and God bless you! We are praying for you! Luv ya.

Threads Everywhere said...

It looks like a lovely place, and I know that you will make it welcoming to all of the guests. Treat everyone as Jesus treats us, welcoming, accepting, cherishing and forgiving! Love you!

Elissa said...

You are there!! Have fun, I know God will be blessing you! I miss that place a lot. Just seeing the sign brings back so many memories....